HeartBroken
I was engrossed with the book I was holding. Flipping through the last chapter, I glanced at the clock. 12.09 am. It's Easter Sunday. And then, I went back deep into my book.
When I was reading the last line of the book, I felt strange. What was that all about?
Dan Brown wrote a great intriguing story about Da Vinci's Code but, why did he talk about Jesus in such a way?
All these years as a Christian, I have heard many people telling me to "release a little" of the rope of my faith. I don't blame them. How can anyone be so deeply involved in one's own religion?
Then, I explain it again. Christianity is not a religion. It's a relationship that I have with my God. I call Him my God because I know He created me and formed me in my mother's womb. I call Him my Saviour because I know He died for my sins and now that He lives, I owe Him my life. I call Him my Friend because I have been through thick and thin, hardship and good times, with Him. I might not be a very loyal but I know enough through experience that He is real.
But then..stories like Jesus was actually a mere man, who married Mary Magdalene and has a daughter named Sarah is simply presposterous! Then some people just went on with Christians destroying all scriptures that regarded Jesus as a man and left behind extreme fables that regarded Jesus as the Christ into the Bible.
Such blasphemy is simply cruel in smearing the name of God!
O Lord, how are we to tell the people about You when the darkness just overwhelmes the world? Please, let Your light shine through!
(And this song, just made me cry thinking about Your sacrifice.)
Jesus Christ, I think upon Your sacrifice,
You became nothing, poured out to death
(At such times, I just wish to give thanks of what You have done)
Many times I've wondered at Your gift of life
I'm full of praise once again
And Lord, I thank You for the cross.