The Journey
5/29/2005
 
Hope

A friend of mine today told me, "I have no hope."
But, what is hope? I guess if I'm to ask anybody, everyone would give me different answers. Some might have hope in relationship, some in career, some in money, some in family. If the hope that we cling on to crumble and collapse one day, what are we to do?
A lot of people asked just like Job did, "where then is my hope? Who can see any hope for me?" (Job 17:15)

Maybe it's time to find hope that is eternal. Something or someone that cannot give you hopelessness.

I know my God brings hope. But sometimes, when our hopes are high up, things still crumble and collapse. A woman mentioned in the bible experienced the same thing as my friend did, God gave hope and it seemed, God took it away. "Didn't I tell you, 'Don't raise my hopes'?" (2 Kings 4:28)
I can't give any reasons to why God dashed her "hope" to her current situation. But all I know is "He still makes things beautiful, in His time" (Ecclesiastes 3:11)

My words of encouragement to my friend will be: Our hope is still in God, who never fails us.
Be strong and take heart, all you who hope in the LORD. (Psalm 31:24)
We wait in hope for the LORD; he is our help and our shield. (Psalm 33:20)
This will be my prayer: "Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long." (Psalm 25:5)
 
Comments:
finally, you allow comments :D
 
oh, sorry zefiriel, I didnt know all these while, I didnt have the comment link!
 
Post a Comment





<< Home
My journey log of faith

Archives
06/01/2003 - 07/01/2003 / 07/01/2003 - 08/01/2003 / 09/01/2004 - 10/01/2004 / 10/01/2004 - 11/01/2004 / 11/01/2004 - 12/01/2004 / 02/01/2005 - 03/01/2005 / 03/01/2005 - 04/01/2005 / 05/01/2005 - 06/01/2005 / 09/01/2005 - 10/01/2005 / 11/01/2005 - 12/01/2005 / 01/01/2006 - 02/01/2006 / 02/01/2006 - 03/01/2006 / 03/01/2006 - 04/01/2006 / 05/01/2006 - 06/01/2006 / 07/01/2006 - 08/01/2006 / 10/01/2006 - 11/01/2006 / 11/01/2006 - 12/01/2006 / 12/01/2006 - 01/01/2007 / 01/01/2007 - 02/01/2007 / 04/01/2007 - 05/01/2007 / 05/01/2007 - 06/01/2007 / 06/01/2007 - 07/01/2007 / 07/01/2007 - 08/01/2007 / 08/01/2007 - 09/01/2007 / 11/01/2007 - 12/01/2007 / 12/01/2007 - 01/01/2008 / 05/01/2008 - 06/01/2008 / 08/01/2008 - 09/01/2008 / 02/01/2009 - 03/01/2009 / 08/01/2009 - 09/01/2009 / 10/01/2009 - 11/01/2009 / 10/01/2016 - 11/01/2016 /


Powered by Blogger