The Year of the Dog
A new year should always starts with new resolutions. As usual, there are many things that I want to do, and, as usual, not many that I can successfully do by the end of the year...
For example, with a face as round as a moon, I wish to see my apple-face shape again. Well, there was a year when I was really happy with my physical self. And that was because I had fasted almost 40 days praying for the nation. I said almost..because on the 34th day, I had a terrible gastric that lasted for a week. I almost got myself stomach ulcer in return. But God always comes to the rescue.
Then, I wish to earn more money, get a car and reward myself on a monthly basis. That... I may be able to do if God grants His favor. I guess it will bode well with my food-cutting budget plan as well. More importantly, I wish to finance more missionaries and evangelists in their works.
And most importantly, a wish that I will always have every watchnight or new year's eve, I wish to stay loyal to God and hear His voice in a crystal-clear way. I can admit shamefully that when I have reached a certain peak in my spiritual-life chart, I will always slide back down to a pit. Hearing His voice is one thing, but staying faithful is something I'm struggling with. The devotional booklet Our Journey has noted that if God cant get our attention, He will use "whatever" means to get the attention He deserves.
That sounds scary because I know He can do that. But it is also comforting to know that God loves me so much that He will use "whatever" means to turn my path back to His. I may be running away from Him because I don't like what He wants me to do with my life but hey, He created me and He owns my life! And since I have already devoted myself to serving Him, I guess I have to be ready when the time comes when He calls me out.
So maybe, in the Year of the Dog, as I was also born in the Year of the Dog, I wish to fulfill this resolution. To stay loyal and obedient to One who would never fail me. May the Lord grant me strength and show me how to love.