The Journey
11/30/2006
 
Revelations

Though God has given me peace, it still wasnt easy for me to release that heavy feeling. When another supervisor of mine came to me and told me to withdraw my letter, my heart was cut again. And I thought, after I had handed the letter I could really make up my mind. When he said that, I nearly reconsidered my decision to leave NST.

That night, God told me something in a very special way. I did my devotion and He didnt use the scriptures to talk to me. Instead, He came to my mind.

He said, "Well....take this as a preparation to what you will go throught the next time I call you to full time...." Hmm...makes sense. It cuts my heart to leave NST. But the next time, when I need to leave whichever job I'll be in at that moment when God calls, it may come by as easier for me. Because I'd had the experience. A lesson learnt.

The next night, another thought came to mind. I'll be leaving a path that I love for an unknown path, that I couldnt see, for the betterment of myself. Why? Because God had promised so.
That reminded me of Kath's sermon. Seeing the unseen. I am comfortable with the path I'm walking on and I love it. But yet, when God said..."turn to the next lane", it would not be easy. It's a new path and I couldnt see the end of the road. But because God had asked to turn..so I turned.

O Lord, thank You for the assurance. But Lord, take away my sadness. Bless my bosses and my colleagues as well as the company. For I love them all.
 
Comments:
*hugs* "Be strong and courages for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go"
 
Sometimes the only thing we can do is trust God. Money will come later if you put God first. ;)
 
Hello!

I was reading and thinking about how good a writer Siew Yee is.. then I realized - of course! She works for NST! She's a professional! Silly me... hahaha

But I wish you a wonderful journey ahead! There will always be the pain of separation like when a mother is giving birth to a child, but there is always the joy of new life and new beginnnings as well! I believe that what you are doing is a beautifully inspired risk, and I pray that one day, it will bear fruit!
 
It's never easy to commit entirely to Him. But well, when it's so uncertain....it may well be simpler to just give it all to Him than to use our own limited strength. Enjoy the joyride sister =) GREAT things are in store!
 
Yo SY, how are you? Just dropping by to say HI!
 
tks ppl for the encouragement and hi knight_walk!
 
hey Siew Yee....God promised in His word that if you trust in Him, He will make your path straight (proverbs 3:5-6).

Unknown paths and unchartered territory can be scary.... but dun worry, we'll always be there to encourage u and spur u on!

With lots of love,
mei sin
 
Post a Comment





<< Home
My journey log of faith

Archives
06/01/2003 - 07/01/2003 / 07/01/2003 - 08/01/2003 / 09/01/2004 - 10/01/2004 / 10/01/2004 - 11/01/2004 / 11/01/2004 - 12/01/2004 / 02/01/2005 - 03/01/2005 / 03/01/2005 - 04/01/2005 / 05/01/2005 - 06/01/2005 / 09/01/2005 - 10/01/2005 / 11/01/2005 - 12/01/2005 / 01/01/2006 - 02/01/2006 / 02/01/2006 - 03/01/2006 / 03/01/2006 - 04/01/2006 / 05/01/2006 - 06/01/2006 / 07/01/2006 - 08/01/2006 / 10/01/2006 - 11/01/2006 / 11/01/2006 - 12/01/2006 / 12/01/2006 - 01/01/2007 / 01/01/2007 - 02/01/2007 / 04/01/2007 - 05/01/2007 / 05/01/2007 - 06/01/2007 / 06/01/2007 - 07/01/2007 / 07/01/2007 - 08/01/2007 / 08/01/2007 - 09/01/2007 / 11/01/2007 - 12/01/2007 / 12/01/2007 - 01/01/2008 / 05/01/2008 - 06/01/2008 / 08/01/2008 - 09/01/2008 / 02/01/2009 - 03/01/2009 / 08/01/2009 - 09/01/2009 / 10/01/2009 - 11/01/2009 / 10/01/2016 - 11/01/2016 /


Powered by Blogger